Gentleness is stronger than severity, water is stronger than rock, love is stronger than force.
"It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on."
I had started since april 17.
I’ve always been health conscious but on that day was when I earned real discipline over myself.
Ive loved myself more and more as I worked hard to get when Ive gotten
There are a lot more self-battles I still have to overcome.
I’m being kind to myself and giving my body, spirit, and mind the love it deserve. I don’t contaminate my body with things that are bad for it because I know the temple of my soul deserve much better.
I’m learning to respect my strength and sometime that means rest (my knee fracture still hasn’t heal because I insisted that I can do anything and it wasn’t going to stop me from work, run, and hike.)
Now it’s time to rest until my knee is happy and I will be out there running when it’s ready.
I can feel myself growing more beautiful from the inside out.
They were right when they said if you want to change your outside, you have to change your inside first.
Almost all of my bitterness had melted.
Now all the bitterness I feel is when I see someone running and I know that should be me in that position or the fact that I have to work harder to earn the privileges that are given freely to most people. But I shouldn’t be bitter about that because it means I will value it much more.
Good things happens when you make banana pancake and listen to jack johnson
cooking time: 60 mins
bob’s red mill gluten free pizza crust
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 red bell peppers, julienned
2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
3 roma tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
2-3 tbsp basil, julienned
sea salt + to taste
1. prepare pizza crust dough as instructed on the bag + set aside to rise while you prepare peperonata
2. add olive oil to a large skillet + warm over medium heat for a couple minutes, then add onions + saute till translucent (~5 mins)
3. add peppers into skillet + sprinkle generously with sea salt
4. cook peppers for about 20 minutes, stirring occassionally
5. add in tomatoes + 1 tbsp of basil + another generous sprinkling of sea salt
6. cook another 10 minutes or until majority of liquid has evaporated. taste + add more salt if necessary
7. set aside peperonata mixture
8. preheat oven to 350 degrees
9. oil a large piece of parchment paper + place dough in the middle. with wet hands, begin rolling out dough to desired shape + thickness (¼” is desirable). brush dough well with olive oil + place on a baking sheet
10. top pizza dough generously with peperonata mixture
11. bake for 20 mins or until golden brown around the edge
12. remove from oven + garnish with remaining basil
13. allow to cool for 5 mins + serve. great warm or room temp
Dark chocolate cake made with goat’s milk, cocoa nips, and honey